Guidelines for Students
- For a short while, you are going to be a member of our university community, which is diverse and includes people of different nationalities, religions, etc., who study, live, and work here. Students are expected to be sensitive and aware of others, and treat them with respect and equality at all times. Bullying will not be tolerated.
- Student guests are expected to behave in a mature manner at all times while in the residences or other buildings on campus. Do not engage in any activity that may cause damage to buildings, furnishings or any person(s) in the buildings. This includes pranks using shaving cream, toothpaste, hair products, etc. Any damages caused will be billed to the student guests responsible.
- Alcohol and non-prescription drugs are not permitted. If students are involved in liquor- or drug-related incidents, their parents will be contacted and the students will be sent home. Registration fees will not be refunded. Student guests are still responsible for any outstanding fees.
- Theft and/or vandalism will not be tolerated. If students are involved in theft/vandalism-related incidents, their parents will be contacted and the students will be sent home. Registration fees will not be refunded. Student guests are still responsible for any outstanding fees.
- Guests are expected to conduct themselves in a mature and orderly manner in the dining halls. Throwing food, utensils or other objects will not be tolerated. Such behaviour will result in immediate eviction from the dining hall and from residence, as well as a bill for any damages caused. Registration fees will not be refunded.
- Attendance at counselor meetings is mandatory for all students.
- Always travel in groups of at least two or three people for safety purposes. Please wear your name tag throughout the week as well.
- Any problems should be reported immediately to one of the counselors, instructors, or front desk staff. Or, call the Acadia Safety and Security staff, 24 hours at (902) 585-1103.
- Acadia University is a smoke-free campus.
- Do not bring skateboards, roller blades or scooters. They are prohibited on campus and the Town of Wolfville has by-laws prohibiting their use.
Emergency Contact Information
In the case of an emergency, Acadia Safety and Security are available 24 hours a day at (902) 585-1103.
To leave a message for a student, staff or faculty member, contact the Residence and Events Office at (902) 585-1221. This office is operational 24 hours a day.